Thursday, June 17, 2004

I'm home now. I slept today until noon. Except that my noon is now three in the afternoon. Bad thing, really. My sleep schedule is going to be incredibly off.

I got a digital camera from my dad and Pam as a late birthday present last night! I'm thrilled! :)

Six Flags on Monday was...wow. Yep, that's what it was. Let's just say that I never thought I would be standing in headlights on the 5 in a suit jacket at one in the morning, eating tortilla chips with mustard, laughing hysterically and looking over my shoulder every three seconds. Just never seemed like a possibility in my mind. Apparently, I was wrong. But, as I learned, Chevron can be an amazingly entertaining place.

I am currently starving because of the institution of air travel. At the airport I got a pizza from some Round Table place or something, because everything else looked dreadful. The concept is great...the pizza was garbage. And as for airplane food...I really hope that was some sort of vegetable protein. I really, really, really hope that. Last night I ate a bagel with cheese, college-style. Hopefully from now on, my food will be as far from college-style as culinarily possible. However, the flight was good. I didn't get bored or sleepy, and I finished the book I got last week--The Thief Lord by Cornelia Funke. I love children's literature. I think I'll do my Honours project about it somehow.

Hey, I had to make up for days without Xangaing, right? :) For old times' sake, I'll leave you with a song...

Wishing That by Jann Arden


And when I held you
You would almost always hold me down
You could see through everything I said I was falling
And you said not to fall on you
I've bitten every finger 'till it bled

Wishing that you'd loved me too
Wishing that you'd loved me too
Wishing that

And when I kissed you
You would almost always kiss me back
But I could tell your mind
Was with someone else
Oh my hands are folded
Neatly on my lap and I am
Picturing your body as I ask myself if

You loved me too
Wishing that you'd loved me too
Wishing that

Listen to my nervous laughter
Sunken deep inside my heart
My lips are dry I'm teary-eyed
For you my love
Harken all you fallen angels
Help me find a place to rest
My head is pounding here beneath
The weight of this
I'm wishing that

And you know me
Oh you know me more than anyone
When I hear your voice
Everything I've done disappears from memory
Oh my darling come and save me
Tell me I'm the one you're dreaming of
Tell me that

You loved me too
Wishing that you'd loved me too
Wishing that you'd loved me too
Wishing that you'd loved me too
Wishing that ......
You'd loved me too wishing that ......
You'd loved me too

I'm wishing that
I'm wishing that
I'm wishing that
I'm wishing that

You'd loved me too
I'm wishing that
I'm wishing that
You'd loved me too

No comments: