Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Lovely evening altogether. :D

I sometimes wonder... If I were given the chance to actually go back in time, would I take it or not?

No.

Today I realized more fully that no matter what stage of my life I am at, and which stages I miss sometimes, I am always glad that I am where I am currently. I despise naivete in myself (and sometimes others, which is judgmental, unfair, and bad...I need to correct that...but I probably hate it in others on occasion because I hate it in myself...), and I am almost always happy that I learned something from each experience or period of time that I live through. Here's a good song about that:

You Learn
by Alanis Morissette

I recommend getting your heart trampled on to anyone
I recommend walking around naked in your living room
Swallow it down (what a jagged little pill)
It feels so good (swimming in your stomach)
Wait until the dust settles

You live you learn
You love you learn
You cry you learn
You lose you learn
You bleed you learn
You scream you learn

I recommend biting off more then you can chew to anyone
I certainly do
I recommend sticking your foot in your mouth at any time
Feel free
Throw it down (the caution blocks you from the wind)
Hold it up (to the rays)
You wait and see when the smoke clears

You live you learn
You love you learn
You cry you learn
You lose you learn
You bleed you learn
You scream you learn

Wear it out (the way a three-year-old would do)
Melt it down (you're gonna have to eventually anyway)
The fire trucks are coming up around the bend

You live you learn
You love you learn
You cry you learn
You lose you learn
You bleed you learn
You scream you learn

You grieve you learn
You choke you learn
You laugh you learn
You choose you learn
You pray you learn
You ask you learn
You live you learn

4 comments:

ralikat said...

I agree. Whatever life brings, it will always bring you something to learn. No regrets - that really is the only way to live.

Diana said...

No regrets... People say that a lot. Are they fooling themselves when they say they have no regrets, or have they really found a way to ACTUALLY have no regrets? If so, I'd SO love to learn how to do that.

I have regrets. And I regret that I have regrets. ;)

ralikat said...

Living with no regrets is just admitting that wrong things happen, but being able to see how you grew from them; and REALLY being able to realize that if you ever did something over - you'd never be who you are and you would just be stagnant.

It is quite difficult, but once you realize that you don't HAVE to regret anything because it is already done and it has changed you - then you can live a life with freedom instead of regret.

Diana said...

That sounds lovely. I may be coming closer to that place. In fact, I'm sure I am. Whew!