Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Today I worked at the pit of despair I'm forced to term "Woodwork" for the first time in almost a year. Luckily, it was only for the afternoon. On my way, I prayed for fire from heaven, a stroke, or at least a ravenous lion to prevent me from getting there. But alas! none came.

Here are a few interesting tidbits about the experience:

  • They took away the hand trucks and installed tracks. It's so much more efficient, and a heck of a lot easier. Though I do miss playing with the hand trucks. :)

  • There's a whole new batch of employees that I don't know. Lots of the old ones are still there, and just as creepy as ever.

  • Message to all male employees of College Woodwork: The fact that I lack male genitalia does not entitle you to stare at me all day. I'm sorry that you work in a boring and tedious environment, but when I am trying to work, I really don't need weird Asian men to be looking at me with lust in their eyes. It's disgusting. Stop it. Thanks. Much appreciated.

  • At least George is there to amuse me. He's always entertaining. ;)

  • Message to all stupid employees of College Woodwork: When the person tailing the tenor is backed up, do not feed faster. It's rude. Not to mention inefficient. So stop that too. Merci beaucoup.

  • I wrote a musical about my life as I was stacking wood into neat and stable piles. Well, part of it. It was improv, and it rhymed. I am AMAZING sometimes.

  • I wrote a haiku about Woodwork that you can read at one of my other blogs...Savage Haiku.

  • Let us all pause for a moment to thank God for cilia. Because without cilia, I would probably be a solid block of sawdust by now.

  • Let us also thank Him for providing leaves to Adam and Eve so that they could clothe themselves. Let us rejoice that the concept stuck.

  • I would personally like to thank God that I am in university, and won't have to work at Woodwork for the rest of my life. Let us pray for those who do.

    Well, I believe that's all of the Woodwork things that I have to say for now. But be warned: much more is likely forthcoming...
  • 2 comments:

    Sparkala said...

    You poor dear :(
    I thought you weren't starting to work at ahem, "woodwork" until July?
    And I thought George was gone to the Australia to study the Aboriginals?
    Now I am going to refrain from making a rather obvious and off color joke about Asian men, lust, and the hell known as "woodwork".
    Goodluck and know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. It's name is Sept and the start of fall quarter.

    Diana said...

    I was just working for the afternoon, because they needed someone to help out.

    I thought George was gone too! I'll have to ask him about that next time I talk to him. Oh...he has a girlfriend now. Did you know that? Don't worry--I'm sure he'll still be willing to take you camping up north. ;)

    And thank heavens for fall quarter. Sort of. Odd things are stirring...there's a disturbance in the force...