Friday, July 09, 2004

Nobody's Girl
by Michelle Wright

She's a fallen angel
She's just flesh and bone
She's the rock of ages
She's a rollin' stone

She's nobody's girl
She walks this road alone (nobody's girl)
She calls her soul her own (nobody's girl)
She knows she's on her own in this world
She's nobody's girl

She's some kind of devil
She's some kind of saint
And if her hands are dirty
Well her spirit ain't

She's nobody's girl
She walks this road alone (nobody's girl)
She calls her soul her own (nobody's girl)
She knows she's on her own in this world
She's nobody's girl

Now if the world don't claim you
It don't own you too
She don't belong to me no, no
She don't belong to you

She's nobody's girl
She walks this road alone (nobody's girl)
She calls her soul her own (nobody's girl)
She knows she's on her own in this world
She's nobody's girl

She walks this road alone (nobody's girl)
She calls her soul her own (nobody's girl)
She knows she's on her own in this world
She's nobody's girl

(nobody's girl)
She's a fallen angel (nobody's girl)
She's just flesh and bone
She's nobody’s girl


The world is crushing the life out of me slowly...constricting...relentless, so I never can catch a breath of air. I need a reprieve, a break, an end.

4 comments:

EschewClaptrap said...

Such an anguished cry from the pit of despair. Is the song about you, too? You aren't nobody's girl...aren't you your own girl? Friends (particularly the type of the male persuasion) and family may leave you at one time or another, but you sound like a woman of substance. Therefore, YOU are enough.

ralikat said...

nobody's girl...*sigh* sometimes, I am forced to question if I am even my own...

Diana said...

I appreciate that. Thank you.

And I was thinking about it the other day. Had one of those moments of: "Yeah, that's right! I'm defined by ME, and ME ALONE! Not others! So THERE!" It was nice. I'm trying to keep that sort of obnoxious outlook. It helps. :)

ralikat said...

It really does!