Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Today I noticed a sign on Peter's wood-refining device that says Danger--Do Not Operate. Perhaps I'm the only one who finds that mildly alarming.

The other day, as Quo was teaching me how to use a new drill, he said, "Don't hold foot pedal or machine go BAM!" What exactly do you suppose that BAM entails? I certainly didn't know, and I avoided finding out. I still don't know whether he was just trying to scare me out of doing it, because something somewhat unpleasant happens when the foot pedal is held down, or if it really DOES go BAM.

Minh: Diana, where's your boyfriend?
Me: They're everywhere!
Many Vietnamese men laugh.

I finally saw Alien vs. Predator. It was quite the good movie. I need all of the Alien movies on DVD. They're grand. And since my hair is so like that of Sigourney Weaver in the 80s, I'm pretty sure I could defend the earth against Aliens. All I need to do is start going around saying things like, "Everyone on the company will die," "There's a monster in your chest...a really nasty one," and "I'm the monster's mother."

I just realized the other day that the nice warm metal box that I sit on when I have a few moments between piles has a picture of a lightning bolt on it. Hmmm.

What is it? I don't know. Is it real, is it fake? Is it disguised? Am I on the wrong track, or the right one, or a benign one? Help!

No comments: