Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Who was I before I became who I am now? Was it better, like older versions of sacred texts are supposed to be better? Or was I just a prototype, with lots of bugs to work out?

And what do you do when things surface in your dreams that you thought you'd dealt with? One shouldn't have to sacrifice emotional stability for physical rest.

Farewell, peace of mind...kiss goodbye to reason...
- from The Best Thing by Savage Garden

The worst torture comes from your own mind--not from anyone else.

You're caught in a one way street
With the monsters in your head
When hopes and dreams are far away and
You feel you can't face the day...

- from Crash and Burn by Savage Garden

I hate being me.

I need this quarter to be over.

2 comments:

Greg said...

"I hate being me."

Yeah, stop that. Who else would you rather be? I understand disliking certain aspects of yourself. I could make you a list of the things I don't like about me. But hate? No. I'm me. You're you. Embrace it or you'll just shuffle off this mortal coil even earlier.

Frankie said...

*applaudes*

That was splendid Greg.

Diana, we like you. I know things seem deep, dark and awful, but you WILL survive! (Even if it means waking me up with Sandi Patty! *groan*) ;)